Texas Brisket – Easiest Smoked Brisket Recipe Ever!

Total Cook for this brisket was about 9 hours. Salt, pepper, beef and low and slow smoke….what else could you want. I hope you give this easy brisket recipe a try.

My Weber Charcoal Grill – http://amzn.to/2ax76Fu

Smokenator 1000 – http://amzn.to/2ayglIM

Smokenator 1000 with Hovergrill Kit – http://amzn.to/2aDi50P

Weber Hinged Grill Grates – http://amzn.to/2aledWp

Blogpost on this recipe – http://whitethunderbbq.blogspot.com/2014/10/texas-brisket-easiest-brisket-recipe.html

1 Brisket
Salt
Black Pepper
Wood for smoking – I used Hickory and Apple (would have preferred oak on this one)

Mix salt and pepper. 60% Salt and 40% Pepper. Sprinkle all over the brisket.

Stabilize grill temperature at 250. Cook for about an hour a pound. Wrap if the skin is getting dark. Cook until a toothpick slides right in.

“Dispersion Relation” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

========================================
Social Media Links:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/whitethunderbbq
Twitter – http://twitter.com/whitethunderbbq
Instagram – http://instagram.com/white_thunder_bbq

1. Can anyone tell me where i can get a grill like the one here?

2. Danny Ramos says:

What is the process on smoking a brisket on a gas grill?

3. janian jack says:

What is the mean of texas

4. BBQ EM CASA says:

how many hour it took??

5. TheMookey420 says:

can you use oak for this?

6. do you know the meat temp when you wrapped it? thx

7. A masterpiece. Good job. Anybody who thinks this is wrong is a dumbass.

8. paul Z says:

that's the bestvlooking brisket on YouTube

9. Optics says:

how big was this brisket?

10. Интересный канал. Я на вас подписалась. Давайте дружить?!

11. MBattino says:

awesome video… would've been nice to get a bit more info on temp and time, a ballpark cause I know it has to do with size weather and so on. Gonna smoke one tonight for a party tomorrow, praying mine comes out as nice as yours!

12. MBattino says:

hey brother, brisket came out great! check out my instagram under same name.

13. Ed Sigman says:

I usually cook my brisket in an offset smoker with dry oak logs. When the internal temperature stalls at around 147 to 157 degrees, then I wrap the meat. I remove the brisket when it reaches an internal temperature of 205 degrees. I also add moisture using a water pan in order to prevent drying of the meat.

14. Chiko Okolo says:

Mayn that looks good!

15. Rob Ram says:

great video! where did you get the separator for your grill?

16. I don't think you can get a better looking brisket from a kettle than that.

17. hey mate when you rest do you rest in an esky then on a counter cause the last few times ive rested my brisket in a cooler ive taken it out after two hours and its like i just took it off the smoker.

18. When you decided to wrap it, how long had it been on the grill?

19. Robb Helt says:

Dude did a great job on this on a kettle……That is skill. I am on a Big Green Egg and most of my friends are on stick burners. To kick out a Br that looks that good on a kettle…..My hat is off to you. I live in Fort Worth so I know some Q. You did a great job.

20. TheFettuck says:

Why did you burn it totally black? GROSS! :(

21. stizan24 says:

I astounds me how if we cook a plain old rump roast a 2 lb roast will not only feed us but give me enough roast beef for a couple days worth of lunches. Now a 4 lb finished brisket or better yet a brisket I turn into a pastrami will be gone after dinner with maybe a slice of two for hash the next morning.

22. chefgiovanni says:

You brisket looks very nice. Time to cook.

23. Rock Power says:

Can you please tell where did you get the charcoal divider you using

24. this looks like you did two different briskets..

25. BearStar1 says:

Never wrap in Foil ! Always double wrap in waxed Butcher paper ! Foil reflects the heat and dries out the meat !!! If one chooses not to wrap in butcher paper, place meat in a 13×9 pan and cover with foil with the shiny side UP as to not reflect the heat. That is why most well known established BBQ restaurants likes Smitty's, and Black's in Lockhart, Tx and other places always serve their smoked meats wrapped in Butcher paper !!!

26. BearStar1 says:

Rule of thumb for Briskets is 60 to 90 minutes per pound at 200 to 230 degrees F !

27. Helios Wong says:

how do u maintain that heat for that long? do u add more coals every now and then?

28. "cook until very tender" didn't work for me lol How long is your smoking and wrap process? Or do you go by an internal temp of 190*?

29. Wow.  Wrap it at temp, not when it "looks"

30. I lik it. No talking just getting right to the point n showing u wat to do. Looks great n cool music

31. 0_0 Nobody can cook that good ..

32. David Rey says:

terrible video so much crucial info missing on the most difficult meat to make how many hours did it take? how much lump coal? ect

33. What does the water pan do? Is it necessary?

34. For all the BBQ experts that say he should have done it this way and he should have done that way, why are you looking at his videos if all you can do is complain I don't do it that way. Willing to bet most of you can't cook for shit, you just like running your trap!!!!

35. That was a great looking brisket. What kind of camera do you use and what do you edit with. Love your videos. Thanks

36. luis pacheco says:

Lub the video n recipe…. music is terrible!

37. Angie CJ says:

Looks almost perfect

38. H Ali says:

absolutely fabulous

39. upinsmoke69 says:

You should never cook with aluminum foil. The aluminum leaks into the food and damages your brain