Longevity & Why I now eat One Meal a Day

Why has Nutrition been so complicated? This video tells the story about why 3 meals a day is unnecessary and how eating ONE meal a day can make being healthy much simpler.
▲Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/WILearned
▲Twitter: https://twitter.com/JEverettLearned

[Had a lot of great questions so I made a FAQ! https://lifeforbusypeople.com/2016/09/06/eating-once-a-day-questions/]

[based on this blog post▶︎https://lifeforbusypeople.com/2016/07/23/longevity-why-i-eat-once-a-day/ ]

0:00 – Our Complicated Health Environment
2:09 – How are Humans Supposed to Eat?
4:26 – Our Environment Chose How we Eat
6:06 – Why maintaining Blood Sugar is unnecessary & Harmful
8:26 – Ketosis, our Premium fuel source
10:10 – Health Benefits of Fasting
12:45 – My path to One Meal a Day

Credits
■2:18 – Elon Musk interview with Kevin Rose

■3:00 – Michio Kaku interview with Big Think

■4:32 – Almazan’s Kitchen for the awesome clip

■5:45 – Doug McGuff talk at 21 Convention in Florida

■8:15 – Peter Attia’s TED talk

■11:14 – Mark Mattson’s TEDx Talk

Other credits:
10:15 – Artwork by Quotefancy

What do I eat for my meal? Usually a variant of this: http://imgur.com/a/WrPqt

Most of my references are covered in the blog post above, if there is anything missing please let me know!

Let go of the food pyramid

1. Zodiac K9 says:

Dude love the video you just gained a new sub

2. iLov3Shibas says:

your channel is pure gold! 🙂

3. pauli3100 says:

we came from monkies who came from a rock.

4. ons day meal is very helpful to reduce weight I try it on me it really works with mornings exercise.

5. MrGrimmer says:

Does anyone know the title of the japanese book he mentioned towards the end of the video?

6. zacatetas says:

caloric value….what you eat….how often…….what you eat is more important

7. Egils Jugans says:

eating is part of the conspiracy, think about it, all the stores sell you food and tell you that you need to eat it just so they can make more money. i am thinking about stopping and already havent fed my dog for 2 weeks.

8. Around what time would you eat?

9. Luz Figueroa says:

Can u lose weight eating one meal a day?

10. Britt says:

Is it safe to fast as a diabetic? I'm not a diabetic, but I'm concerned I'm pre-diabetic.

11. Patrick Crz says:

Highly scientific question: Are their things on this planet that are ACTUALLY infinite(aka 100% renewable) or is everything a trade-off? I mean, we can grow tree after tree but won't that deplete the soil that the tree is grown in of the nutrients that were required to keep the tree healthy, alive and growing?

12. Your videos are very convincing and I believe most of them but when I do my researches I always find plenty of evidence against one meal a day and keto diet, there's no shortage of studies for both things. I won't link because you probably know it already, so I just want to know what you have to say about the 2011 study that observed mice fed once a day gained more weight, had weaker imune system and higher blood pressure.

13. As informative as this video is, it's not very compatible with a gym going lifestyle as well as a high-performance job. Speaking from experience of course. I do appreciate the data though.

14. Donnoha says:

Another "every culture is better than us white Europeans" documentary….

15. Andreas Vida says:

feel hungry for all your life and then die from some disease unrelated to your diet or accident -> lol.

16. Luis Escobar says:

So glad I found this channel. Now a days with everybody trying to sell you stuff it is hard to find accurate information which isn't mixed with a marketing scheme of rubbish. Thanks for your work and for spreading the awareness of these studies.

17. Rob Eells says:

get back to us whey you have done it for a year or two

18. krutogge says:

You havnt read 382 days fasting reddit AMA. the guy during this time had multiple hard times with his heart. and he also eat an heavy amount of nuts. and propably a really shitty way to fast, putting the body on to much of a stress. better to do like 20 x 3 during a year or something while living on berries.

heard of metaformin? also a way to that may help longevity.

19. intranube says:

Excellent video, as usual WIL , one question pops to mind: eating irregularly causes acid ,pH levels to rise in the stomach which can lead to gastritis , i've friends that developed it for NOT eating when they were stressed (final exams, thesis making,family issues,etc) .HOW come their energy levels didn't rise with that "fasting"?
    is it the stress that rises pH?
    what would i need to do or eat, in order to have a healthy diet like that?

Prob, the answer is that i need to research and experiment with my own organism and see what works but WIL i'd love to know what you've learned.