5 Puff Pastry Recipes | Quick & Easy Appetizers

Click here to SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/1dn24vP
Made with Love Holiday Recipes: http://bit.ly/MadewithLoveeBook
Today we’re making 5 quick and easy savory appetizers that are perfect for the Holiday Season!

More Holiday Recipes: http://bit.ly/2fD4cU5

Garlic Parmesan Twists

1 sheet puff pastry
2 tbsp salted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

In a small saucepan melt butter. Add garlic and parsley & cook for 1-2 min. Remove from heat. Lightly flour your surface and roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle. Use a pastry brush to brush butter mixture over the surface. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut pastry into strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times & place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 min or until twists are golden brown.

Spinach & Artichoke Cups

1 sheet puff pastry
2 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
½ cup artichoke hearts, finely chopped
6oz cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 egg, beaten

In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic & sauté for 30 seconds. Add spinach & cook for 2-3 min or until it’s completely wilted. Add artichoke hearts & cream cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 min or until cream cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove mixture from the heat and set aside. Lightly flour your surface & roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle. Use a pizza cutter to cut pastry into 12 equal squares. Place a piece of pastry into each cup of a well-greased muffin tin. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach and artichoke filling into the centre of each cup. Brush the exposed puff pastry dough with beaten egg & top each cup with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400°F for 20-22 min

Mushroom, Thyme & Goat Cheese Pinwheels

1 sheet puff pastry
2 tbsp salted butter
2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup goat cheese, room temperature
1 egg, beaten

In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic & sauté for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms & cook for 5-7 min or until mushrooms have released all of their moisture & begin to brown. Add fresh thyme a cook for another minute. Remove mushroom mixture from the heat & set it aside. Lightly flour your surface and roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle. Gently spread goat cheese over the top of the puff pastry. To prevent the dough from tearing, ensure that your puff pastry is very cold (straight from the fridge) & your goat cheese is at room temperature. Spread mushroom mixture evenly over top. Starting at one end, gently roll your puff pastry until it forms a log shape. Refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes before cutting it into ½ inch discs. Place each disc on a parchment-lined baking sheet & brush with egg wash. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 min

French Onion Puffs

2 sheets puff pastry
2 tbsp salted butter
2-3 yellow onions, finely sliced
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
¼ cup beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 tbsp Gruyere cheese, finely grated
1 egg, beaten

In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions & cook, stirring often, for 20-30 min or until they are caramelized. Add fresh thyme and beef broth and cook for another 2-3 min or until most of the beef broth has evaporated. Remove mixture from heat and set aside. Lightly flour your surface & roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle. Cut the dough into small squares; about 2”. Transfer the squares to a parchment-lined baking sheet & brush with egg wash. Gently spoon filling into the centre of each square. Bake at 400°F for about 15 min. After 15 min, remove them from the oven and sprinkle on the Gruyere cheese. Bake for an additional 5 min or so.

Blue Cheese, Fig & Walnut Blossoms

1 sheet puff pastry
¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
3-4 fresh figs, thinly sliced
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 egg, beaten

Lightly flour your surface and roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle. Cut the dough into small squares; about 3”. Transfer the squares to a parchment-lined baking sheet and pull each corner into the centre, pressing to secure. Brush the pastry with egg wash. Top each with a slice of fig, crumbled blue cheese & chopped walnuts. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 min

1. Ś B. says:

Instagram: subhanallah._

2. Sees Snapchat Story
    RUNS TO LAPTOP IMMEDIATELY

3. Maybe a weird question, but I always wonder.. do you have friends or family coming over when you make so much food, do you freeze it or eat it all (I wouldn't blame you ?)? Just curious..?

4. Luciana Luci says:

I'sooo in love with the puffy pastry!! You gave me some delicious ideas for Christmas dinner family, so thank you very much. ?

5. You have such great ideas! I love your videos! Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

6. Jeff Ward says:

#2 is #1…Butttttttteeerrrrr on everything is going to be okay

7. Tanya Walker says:

I like how the ingredients are easy to get.

8. apple turnovers with puff pastries!

9. love these!!! thanks for sharing!

10. .. thank you for sharing this video ,,,,,Love your recipes!

11. Hi Sara! These pies look absolutely delicious, and it made me so happy that all of these are (basically) vegetarian! Lovely! :D

12. Theodora Paz says:

can ricotta cheese be substituted for the cream cheese?
    these all look delicious,thanks for sharing these ideas :-)

13. Tara Dwyre says:

I've never made anything with puff pastries before but def going to try these! Can you make ahead or are they not good to reheat?

14. Katie Y says:

Thank you for always explaining the recipe in a way a novice like me can understand! You are great!!!!!!

15. who are these 7 people who disliked this amazing video! lol

16. Ralien mind says:

the ideas are amazing!
    the thing is that too much fat for me..

17. Ellie says:

Looks soooo yummy!!! Have to try some of these!! :)

18. I really liked your ending note'best part of being the chef is u always get the first bite..Someday I wanna be part of such a crew so that i can try all those yummy dishes .Please let me know if I can be a part of your crew in my summer holidays ……..i have tried out a lot of your dishes that turned out to be awesome.

19. Sage Glover says:

I've always loved pastries and I love savory things, perfect combination of both!

20. Tried the spinach and Artichoke cups today and im disappointed at how it turned out. Ur recipe didn't call for salt or any seasoning. I also used grated parmesan from the container and added salt. I should've added garlic powder too. Other than that, it was pretty eazy to make. I would definitely try it again

21. And subscribed 🙂
    Whenever I am stressed, I watch your videos. Food is happiness :D

22. Nosy Lucifer says:

When im not in the mood to study . I make one of your recipes.. i eat it while listening to some jazz .. literally heaven ?

23. Fahad Makkus says:

I wish I can eat it it is soooooo good

24. Aurelia Mayo says:

you are the domestic genius! amazing!

25. Melisa Kaya says:

Samosas please!!!!

26. These look perfect for our family get-to-gather for Christmas. My dad is in a home now, and finger foods are the order of the day. Thanks heaps, "Miss Geek!"

27. Awsin kujs says:

Saraaaa…..?! Thanks..

28. nelda blanco says:

Butter! my favorite ingredient!

29. lauradbx says:

these appetizers really look delicious! can't wait to make them for the holidays :)

30. Jan White says:

Wow…..they look awesome. Going to try them for sure. Thanks ❤️

31. Lucia Ronan says:

The quality of your videos are awesome! I love how you do a voice over, but then you switch back to yourself, that must be challenging!

32. Jen Xay says:

Wow yes I'm definitely salivating!!!

33. Excellent as always…though i'm surprised you didn't make sausage rolls….made in every single bakery here in the UK

34. k1g2j3 says:

I'm so hungry after watching this video…. What can we use instead of egg wash…???

35. Deby Brownd says:

A very well done video! Thank you for making it! Can't wait to try some for the holidays ?

36. I have a question that is going to sound silly BUT may I use pizza dough as substitute LOOOOL? If not, please show us a SUPER EASY puff pastry recipe? Not the one with 500 and 1 ingredients? 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 :)))))))))

37. A Bau says:

Omg YUM!!! I have been watching your channel for years but for the past six months I haven't seen you in my feed much. I am DEFINITELY going to try the spinach artichoke cups and the caramelized onion pastry, but I think I'm going to use the folded corner method you used in the fig pastry and top it with the onion mixture. I'm also going to use sharp white cheddar, because that's what I like on my French Onion soup. Thanks for all the ideas!! :)