ULTIMATE PESTO PASTA SALAD | easy vegan recipe

The most creamy, plant based pesto ever! Made this week as a pesto pasta salad — perfect for summer BBQs and potlucks. A smash hit with vegans and non-vegans alike 🙂
Our Blender https://amzn.to/2BiW35r

▬ SHARE YOUR FOOD WITH US ▬
►Instagram:

►► CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE for a new Freestyle Friday every week + for our van life adventures: http://bit.ly/2DDSUgu

GRAB SOME TEA https://chaiwalachai.com

►Nutritional Yeast
►Olive Oil
►Salt
►Pine Nuts
►Garlic Cloves
►Lemon

*Don’t forget salt and pepper

Eamon here — would love your feedback on this Freestyle Friday episode! If you have any suggestions on vegan recipes you’d like to see… let me know in the comments below!

Who are we?

We’re Eamon and Bec, a Toronto-based couple who live full-time in our self converted Sprinter Van!! SUBSCRIBE for wanderlust travel, behind the scenes of what it’s really like to live in a van, and videos all about the yummy vegan food we make + eat!

We upload videos 3 times a week. Wednesdays, Sundays (van life content) and now Fridays (easy vegan recipes).

Our goal here is to inspire you to chase after your own dreams however big (or small… tiny homes anyone?) they may be! We hope to create a community of like-minded, positive individuals who will grow to love and support one another on their own journeys.

New to our channel? Watch our 2017 recap video to get caught up:

Some of our most popular videos…

Watch Van Life Tour | Our Custom DIY Sprinter Van Conversion:

Watch How to Convert a Sprinter Van in 30 Days:

#vanlife #eamonandbec #veganvanlife

1. Looks delicious! But really I just want to know what fool gave this a thumbs down?!

2. Deardra Snow says:

did you really use the unfiltered water to rinse your pasta? 😕

3. What Sara and Alex and Trent and Allie all together? I follow all of you. Awesome👍

4. Debra Moss says:

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom.

5. Trina Golas says:

OMG! A pesto with no parmesan cheese!! Love it..this looks sooooo good! Thanks for the wonderful recipe 👍✌️❤️

6. Debi Smith says:

So what do you eat while your traveling? I do some Fantastic Foods Mixes, and usually make a mock sausage or ham to take with for sandwiches (so much cheaper then store bought), but would love some quick ideas for when we are on the road. We eat at some restaurants along the way, but vegan isn’t always an option.

7. Another "VANLICIOUS" video as always. Thank you! Much love!

8. Hahaha I loved Trent and Allie popping out of their van with forks. 🤣

9. Vikky Ball says:

Little myth busting here! Pine nuts aren't a nut, they're a seed 🙂 I'm crazy allergic to nuts but eat pine nuts fine! Its one of them things with nut in the name that isn't a nut! Love that you include tips for allergies too! Literally makes things so much easier for us with substitutes when you're not very good at cooking!

10. feel free to toss in those basil stems, pure fiber.

11. You kill free style Friday every time Eamon and Bec you are a great camera woman. 👍👍👍

12. Alicia Lynn says:

Bec's laughing in the background is the best 😂😂😂

13. I love fusili and penne 😉

14. Tina Hart says:

This is the best one, you are so funny it made my evening well done ! ❤️

15. HOLD UP – did you just blend the garlic unpeeled?! Explain yourself Ehmon….

16. You have good friendship 😉 Trent ate good guy 😉

17. buff barr says:

Favorite is ziti! But I do like spaghetti too! I'm on a no processed oil diet so would probably substitute an avocado or hemp seeds in there for the oil.

18. Hey guys, is there one brand of nutritional yeast that you can get in the States that tastes better than the others? I want to try some and I want to start with the good stuff.
    Thanks

19. Now I want a fresh pasta salad, Eamon it looks so yummy! Also I think you need to do something really special when you reach 100,000 subscribers (which is so close) like maybe veggie burgers or something like that! Love you two so much!

20. Neha Nagpal says:

I love pasta n you guys are best

21. ginger ware says:

You could use pasta water in the pesto.

22. penne rigati Or Cavatappi or Mini farfalle I think it holds the sauces on better… The Ridges hold the sauces better.. you guys have got to try penne with pumpkin brown butter sauce it is to die for

23. hrisaki84 says:

Not a vegan but an amazing cold pasta salad for me has olives,capers,marinated artichokes and roasted red peppers,basil and baby plum tomatoes and good olive oil and red wine vinegar.Try it! One of my faves!

24. Sylvie BK says:

It looks AMAZING I'll try it!! Thanks

25. naida burton says:

Favorite pasta: Bowtie…and pesto pasta looks delish!

26. Cecilia May says:

this was so funny😂 eamon is just naturally hilarious

27. Hay Eamon, I love me some pesto! Love the Basel pesto! But I make pesto from so many different greens! Like parsle, spinach, mint, seaweed, arugula, and using different Vegs in my salads, too. Sooooo awesome! I always say it’s the pine nuts, cheese, and garlic that make it! E erything ellse ride along. Love you videos! Sorry to do not always comment or thumbs up! But I do love you guys! Be safe out there i’m Always praying for u! May God bring u to him! God Bless!

28. Rixanne H says:

99k subs! SHARE! Are we having a party at 100k?

29. Nicole Lui says:

Wow! Allie, Trent, Alex and Sara! All in one vid that is niceeeee! 👍

30. P.s. I’ve eatten pesto salad made with can vegs or pickled veg. This virgin of salad can be keeped in waiting to use when you’ve eatten yourself out of house and Home and it’s all u have left! P.S. I’m talking Home canned veggies and pickles. But store one may work well too!

31. Which lead me to ask has anyone canned veggies in their van! I may have to try that when I get my van finished. See u in the videos!

32. Emily BH says:

No Nutritional yeast is needed. It is a man made excito-toxin such as M.S. G.!. I avoid it like the plague! Your pasta will taste even better if you just add more basil, garlic and salt and maybe some nuts and good olive oil and some lemon juice. Look up "Katherine Reid PhD and M.S.G. hidden in foods and Autism" to learn that Nutritional Yeast is INCLUDED on the list of excito-toxins to avoid harming your brain.

33. Looks amazing! Btw you can get pine nuts way cheaper in a turkish market usually 1/2 the price

34. Bel Unts says:

WOW! I'm stoked too because there's 99K of us already!!!

35. Yummyy!! Hey guys, I am going to start sharing your free style Friday Vids on my facebook pages so promote fun healthy eating to go with my becoming more conscious about how we consume if that's okay? Love Kat <3

36. CHRISTINA says:

OMG! That looks so good! Yes my boyfriend and I will have to cook some soon. Question: What is the story of Eamon's long brown bead necklace? Did you get that in India?

37. Lol great video today. You kids look like you're having A-blast keep it up.

38. T Eye says:

Orrechietti or little shells. I love when two shells spoon. 😻

39. Sarah Severe says:

This was an excellent Freestyle Friday! I love the end where you share!! And I watched you offer Bec a pesto popsicles like 10 times, so hilarious! Can’t wait to try the recipe!

40. katelandD says:

YUM 😍😍 side note: I can't figure out how to leave a review on the podcast on spotify, but my only feedback is the little tune you guys play throughout could be turned down just a smidge. sometimes when I listen I have to turn it up to hear your voices, but the jingle hits too loudly. much love!

41. CG says:

Or save up much less and grow some organic veggies…. I love olives but not those lol

42. Brianna H says:

Hello you two!

I normally don't engage/comment on your videos, or anyone's for that matter… but I heard Eamon mention on your podcast (which I love btw :p) that the freestyle Friday videos get less views than some of your other content. I just wanted to say that I have tried every single recipe you guys have posted and they've all been absolute BANGERS lol! Please keep em' comin!! I'm a vegetarian who eats vegan about 70% of the time but the recipes from these videos have become staples in my every day diet now. In particular the chickpea salad sandwich, that beautiful mushroom/onion/pepper burger, overnight oats, scrambled tofu, etc.

You guys always deliver on amazing vegan meals that are easy to follow and quick to prep 🙂 Love ya both

43. Excited to try! Thank you for the trick on cutting peppers, you have made my pepper cutting life easier! I noticed your cutting board slides, I was taught to lay a damp dish cloth underneath my cutting board so it would stay in place! Love your videos and chai tea ❤️❤️❤️

44. Tesia Rose says:

Glad to see y'all are feeling better ❤

45. I refuse to eat spaghetti unless it’s angel hair!